If you are staying in the area for a few days one fun activity that our guests enjoy is to head to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. While staying at our romantic Carmel bed and breakfast, we offer our guests 2-day passes to the aquarium for the price of 1-day! This great offer allows you to spend time there on the way out of town, should you have missed something on your first visit (like the sea otter feeding).
The wonderful thing about the aquarium is that it is such a short drive from Carmel! You can easily make it a fun day trip by driving along the coastline of Pacific Grove and into Seventeen mile drive, that will bring you right back into Carmel. We also offer picnic baskets that you can take with you and enjoy while out for the day. We are always happy to provide you with a great lunch for two!
Here are the great daily activities for you to enjoy at the Monterey Bay Aquarium:
- 10:30am ~ Sea Otter feeding and Penguin feeding
- 11:00am ~ Open Sea feeding
- 11:15am ~ Turning the Tide: The Story of Monterey Bay
- 11:30am ~ Kelp Forest Feeding
- 1:30pm ~ Albatross Encounter
- 1:30pm ~ Sea Otter feeding
- 3:00pm ~ Penguin feeding
- 3:30pm ~ Sea Otter feeding
- 3:45pm ~ Turning the Tide: The Story of Monterey Bay
- 4:00pm ~ Kelp Forest Feeding
These are just the activities that are interactive. The Aquarium also has 15 minute movies in their auditorium throughout the day.